Monday, January 28, 2013

How the Fly Lady is Changing my Life!:)

So if you haven't heard of the FlyLady program by now, I am hear to tell you about it. I had actually heard of it a year or so ago but just recently dove in.

What does the FLY stand for?? Finally Loving Yourself! The essence of the FREE (yep free) program is that she helps you to create good habits for a cleaner, stress free, living environment that will, in turn, make you feel better about you and the way you live.

Sound like a stretch? I kind of thought so too, but I must say, two weeks in, when I woke up today with my sink clean, dishes done, laundry almost caught up, and dining room table clutter-free, I felt good-no GREAT about it.

The FlyLady program starts with signing up for the emails and newsletter-all free, reading your flying lessons, and then following some beginner "Babysteps" each day for a month.

It sounds simple, and it is, but it somehow gives me the plan and structure that I need. After you get the Babysteps under control, the emails guide you through weekly and monthly tasks designed to keep your whole home sparkling and under control.

I was MORE than skeptical when I started this program but it is WORKING for me! I have a long ways to go, but for the first time I do not feel guilty about how my house looks and what isn't done-I see it all as a work in progress and it is getting better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment